- Private jet makers like Gulfstream, Bombardier, and Embraer are taking their flagship offerings to new levels of luxury, technology, and performance.
- But some customers have decided to convert commercial airliners from Airbus and Boeing for private use.
- The cost of these aircraft ranges from tens of millions of dollars to hundreds of millions of dollars.
When it comes to private jets there are some that are a cut above the rest. These days, a select lucky few are taking luxury air travel to new heights with state-of-the-art ultra-long-range executive jets from manufacturers such as Gulfstream, and Bombardier. And then there are those bold enough to convert commercial airliners into opulent flying palaces.
It’s all very impressive.
So we here at Business Insider have assembled what we believe to be a collection of the most luxurious private aircraft in the world. Naturally, this list is fluid and subject to change. After all, Elon Musk might surprise us all one day with a “pimped out” SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule mounted atop a Falcon Heavy rocket or if a company like Zunum Aero gives us an electric private jet.
But for now, at least, here are the seven most luxurious private jets in the world according to Business Insider.
1. Gulfstream G500: At $44 million, the G500 isn’t Gulfstream’s most expensive offering, but it is the newest. The G500 is expected to enter service in 2018.
The G500 features fully bespoke cabins with seating tailored to the needs of individual customer.
The aircraft is also equipped with high-speed internet 30-times faster than its current competitors.
2. Gulfstream G650ER: At $66.5 million, the G650ER is Gulfstream’s flagship product. The G650ER has a range of more than 7,500 miles which means it can complete flights across the Pacific Ocean.
The aircraft is packed with rich leathers, fine wood veneers, and stylish stonework.
The entire custom cabin can be controlled using a smart phone app.
3. Bombardier Global 7000: Like the G650ER, the Global 7000 is designed to be the ultimate long-distance purpose-built, private jet. The $73 million aircraft is set to enter service in the second half of 2018.
The cabin can be configured in a variety of manners including a with full dining room and…
… A multi-media theatre.
The Global 7000 is even available with a private bedroom. It’s an important option given the plane’s more than 8,500-mile range. That means non-stop from New York to Sydney, Australia.
4. Embraer Lineage 1000E: The Lineage 1000E is the first of the converted airliners on our list. It’s based on the popular Embraer E190 regional airliner.
As a result, the spacious $53 million 1000E can be configured with a master bedroom and a walk-in shower.
However, if you are extra bold, Embraer design chief Jay Beever will gladly offer you some of his truly over the top interior concepts like the Kyoto Airship and its astonishing skylights.
Or the Hollywood Airship that conveys the style, glamour, and luxury of tinsel town in the 1930s.
5. Airbus ACJ319Neo: The ACJ or Airbus Corporate Jet is the business jet version of the Airbus A319neo airliner.
The ACJ319neo costs $101.5 million before the installation of custom interior fittings. The jet has a range of nearly 7,800 miles and can fly from LA to Geneva, Switzerland non-stop.
6. Boeing 787-8 BBJ: The Boeing 787-8 is a state-of-the-art $224 million carbon-composite airliner. In 2016, China HNA Group spent an additional $100 million to have one turned into a private jet. Or as Boeing calls it a BBJ or Boeing Business Jet.
The interior has a whopping 2,400 square feet of room. That means space for you and 39 of your closest friends.
There’s also a master suite with a California king-sized bed, a walk-in closet, and…
… A master bath with double-size shower and heated marble floors.
7. Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental BBJ: As stunning as the Dreamliner may be, nothing compares to the Queen of the Skies. One very lucky customer received his very own personalized Boeing 747-8I private jet. At 2018 prices, the 747, before any customization work costs $403 million.
The interior boasts nearly 4,800 square feet of space, roughly the same as your average McMansion. The plane boasts a full office,…
… Bedrooms, and…
… A stately dining room that can be converted into a corporate boardroom.